Things to do in Orlando
Looking for a vacation destination with endless possibilities? Look no further than Orlando.
Whether you’re a theme park enthusiast or a serious shopper, there's something for everyone. From diverse neighborhoods, and stunning art installations, to world-renowned dining options, exploring Orlando is an adventure like no other. While most people associate Walt Disney World or Universal Studios with Orlando, the magic extends beyond the theme park walls. That’s why CitySights has created the ultimate Orlando sightseeing and trip planning guide to ensure you don’t miss out on any of the excitement. Start planning your vacation today and get ready to discover all the wonders that only Orlando can offer!
Orlando Tours & Activities
Orlando Dining Guide
From bakeries to seafood, here are our favorite restaurants in Orlando:
- Wine Bar George - Located in Disney Springs, the restaurant is known for its extensive wine list and family-style platters. Plus, they have an excellent brunch!
- Hunger Street Tacos - Featuring Mexican street corn, as well as unique twists on traditional favorites like a mushroom quesadilla or avocado tacos.
- Buttermilk Bakery - Located in the trendy Winter Park neighborhood, this Orlando favorite features scrumptious fresh croissants, tarts, bread, and more.
- The Monroe - Laid back vibes and comfort food await you at The Monroe. Our favorite? Their fried chicken!
- Knife and Spoon - High-end steak restaurant known for its variety of cuts, is situated within the Ritz-Carlton Orlando and is led by award-winning chef John Tesar.
- Capa at the Four Seasons Orlando - this is date night done right! Elegant, tapas-styled dining situated on the top floor with sweeping views of Walt Disney World.
- Luke's Kitchen and Bar - locally sourced American cuisine featuring burgers, steaks, and seafood dishes
- Prato - Traditional Italian fare with a modern twist featuring unique dishes such as garlic ravioli that is paired with melted onions, snap peas, carrots, and black rice. It's got a rustic vibe, but in a comfortable setting perfect for long conversations.
Fun Things to do Outside of the Theme Parks
- Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts - Music enthusiasts, this is the spot for your! Experience live concerts, broadway shows like Hamilton, or catch movies in conjunction with the Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra, who will play the score live while you watch the film.
- Lake Eola - Stroll around Lake Eola and Lake Eola Park and take in picturesque views of the downtown Orlando.
- Harry P. Leu Gardens - featuring 50 acres of stunning gardens. Ideal for garden enthusiasts who are looking for a bit of outdoor adventure without getting into the Florida swamps.
- Boat Tours - History and architecture combine for one relaxing experience on the Winter Park Scenic Boat Tour that takes you through the lakes and byways of Winter Park to see some of the historical homes of the area, as well as the wildlife.
- Discovery Cove - An all-inclusive water park where you can get up close with dolphins, sharks, rays, and tropical fish while basking in the warm Florida sun.
- Escape Game Orlando - The perfect place to have a good time or bond with friends and family as you try to 'escape' your room. The games range in difficulty, but our absolute favorite is the escape room based on a sunken undersea lab.